1. Mangalore is a paradise for peace loving and beach loving people. Mangalore experience heavy rains during monsoon, there is no shortage of water to run any business in Mangalore. Mangalore is world famous for its Mangalorean and Udupi cuisine, so your employees and business visitors/partners will be pampered in Mangalore with delicious cuisine. There are wide range of sea food and series of veg, non-veg restaurants. India’s famous ice cream parlors such as Pabbas, IDEAL are originated and running very successful business in Mangalore, Bangalore and Mumbai cities.
2. Tulu Nadu has several India’s famous and historical temples with great history behind it. Some of the famous temples are Sri Kadri Manjunatha Temple at Mangalore, Dharmasthala Manjunatha Temple at Dharmasthala, Kukke Subhramanya Temple at Subhramanya, Kateel Durgaparameshwari Temple at Kateel, Kudroli Gokarnatheshwara Temple at Mangalore, Kolluru Mookambika Temple at Kolluru, 1000 Pillar Basadi at Moodbidre, Historical and world famous famous stone statue of Gomateshwara in Karakala/Dharmasthala/Venur and many more. Mangalore is also famous for Mangalore Dasara which will be celebrated in Kudroli Gokarnatha Temple Mangalore. Kukke Subramanya Temple is Karnataka’s ‘Richest’ Temple with an annual income of Rs 90 crore.
3. It has several mesmerizing and clean beaches and dockyards along the coastline. Some of them are Panambur Beach, Someshwara Beach, Ullal Beach, Padubidri Beach, Sasihithlu Beach and so on. Top 10 beaches of Karnataka are in and around Mangalore and Udupi districts. Padubidri beach near Mangalore, which is the cleanest beach in India, is now open for tourists. Interestingly, the Padubidri beach is also the cleanest in the entire world !.
4. Mangalore, the education hub of Karnataka, is home to several top universities. Students from all over the world seek admission to these top universities of Mangalore including higher education in Engineering, Medicine, Law, Fisheries, Hospitality and Nursing with several prestigious education institutions in and around Mangalore. NIT Surathkal, Manipal university(MAHE), Alva Education Institutions, Expert Coaching, Mahesh Education Institutions and so on. There are 11 universities including autonomous universities in Mangalore, These universities offer innumerable courses that are comparable to international standards. Mangalore is home to some of the top universities in the entire Karnataka state and India. The universities attract students from all over India and the world. The quality of education speaks volumes of the standards of these top universities in Mangalore. Here are some of the top universities in and around Mangalore
4.1. National Institute of Technology NITK Surathkal
4.2. Mangalore University
4.3. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
4.4. Nitte University Mangalore
4.5. Yenepoya Deemed to be University
4.6. Srinivas University Mangalore
4.7. Kuvempu University
4.8. Christ University
4.9. REVA University
4.10. PES University
4.11. Jain University
Below are some of the Lists of schools and colleges established in Mangalore and many of them are in top 10 in Karnataka as well.
Top 10 Engineering Colleges in Mangalore
Top 10 Medical Colleges in Mangalore
Top 10 PU Colleges in Mangalore
Top 10 MBA Colleges in Mangalore
5. Mangalore is also known as Health hub and banking hub of the entire Karnataka state. It houses some of the top most medical colleges and hospitals of India and Karnataka. Manipal Hospitals, AB Shetty Medical college, BR Shetty Multi Specialty Hospital, Father Muller Medical hospitals and the list goes on. Most of the prestigious and public sector banks were originated from Mangalore and Udupi such as Syndicate Bank, Canara Bank, Karnataka Bank, Corporation Bank, Vijaya Bank, SCDCC Bank, MCC Bank.
6. Mangalore has also the pride in giving one of the best cooks and hotel series to the world. MTR, Shanti Sagar, Sukh Sagar, Hotel Swathi. Gold Finch, Shetty Lunch Home and many more hotels and restaurants are originate from Mangalore and Udupi. Most of the restaurants owned in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and in big cities of entire Karnataka are owned by Tulu Nadu entrepreneurs.
7. It houses a wide range of flora and fauna with main river named Nethravathi, Gurupur and Phalguni. We can find all four means of transport i.e. Road, Rail, Water and Airways. With its own unique culture such as Yakshagana, Daivaradhane, Nagaradhane, Bootha Kola, Kambla, Kesaru Gadde, Aatidonj Dina, and unity in diversity, it has stood apart from other cities of Karnataka in contributing socially, economically, politically and academically. Tulu Nadu is always topping in education results of Karnataka in 10th and 12th(PUC) standards, Tulu Nadu has given many great scientists, politicians (4 CMs to Karnataka), SC and HC Judges, businessmen, entrepreneurs, top film makers/producers, actors/actress, film directors, music directors, poets and many more.
6. Kudla has also celebrity, Bollywood, Sandalwood connections with stars like Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai, Shilpa Shetty, Shirish Kunder, Fighter Shetty, Sunil Shetty, Anushaka Shetty, Rishabh Shetty and many more have roots from Mangalore.
With such a long and never ending history of achievements, I feel Tulu Nadu is more than a special place in entire India’s map.